Our premium white sage is perfect for every purpose. When buying sage smudge sticks, especially for ceremonial or medicinal purposes, it is important to purchase from a reputable vendor that provides pure, properly bundled white sage.
White sage is traditionally used for healing, purification, and cleansing. The smoke is used to bless, cleanse, and heal the person or object being smudged. Sage is used in ceremonies to cleanse the outside world when entering a sacred space. Many people in the southwest burn sage to rid their home of unwelcome or unpleasant thoughts, feelings, energy, or other influences.
Sage is also often burned as an incense. Sage has many energizing and uplifting properties. Many people report an improvement of mood and concentration after burning white sage.
If you're interested in smudging your home in a more ceremonial way but aren't sure how to get started, a common method is called smudging in the seven directions. This simply involves offering smoke to the seven cardinal directions, as follows:
- Facing East - I welcome the energy of the beginning way, the rising sun at the beginning of the day and the light of illumination. Welcome Eagle, flying nearest the heavens, with the clearest of vision. I welcome the energies and spirits of the East.
- Facing South - I welcome the energy of service to all my relatives, the heat of the noonday sun and the spirit of action in the world. Welcome Coyote spirit. I welcome the energies and spirits of the South.
- Facing West - I welcome the energy of looking within to find the gifts of healing. Welcome Bear spirit going deep within to seek the gift of renewal. I welcome the energies and spirits of the West.
- Facing North - I welcome the energy of wisdom and blessing and the Grandmothers and Grandfathers who teach me. Welcome Buffalo and the spirit of giveaway, teach me to be generous and honor all that I receive. I welcome the energies and spirits of the North.
- Looking up - I welcome the energy and spirit of Above. Father Sky, Star people, and Cloud people. Welcome all that is masculine, grandfathers, fathers, brothers, uncles and sons. And that masculine energy that also exists within the feminine. I welcome the energies and spirits of Father Sky.
- Looking down (touching the ground) - I welcome the energy of Mother Earth, the feminine principle, the energy and spirit of Below. I welcome the energy and the spirit of our grandmothers, our mothers, sisters, aunties and daughters. And that feminine energy that exists within the Masculine. I welcome the energies and spirits of Mother Earth.
- Looking within (holding your hands over your heart) - I welcome the energy of Within, the principle of being connected, the energy and spirit of Within. I welcome the gifts of balance, oneness, and the connection with all things, for all things are one and all things are related.
After completing this, you should find that you feel more connected to the earth and cleansed of negative thoughts and energy.